Power from nature
Photovoltaic systems from Oakes Energy generate cheap, green electricity from sunlight
Solar panel electricity systems, also known as solar photovoltaics (PV), capture the sun’s energy using photovoltaic cells. These cells don’t need direct sunlight to work – they can still generate some electricity on a cloudy day. The cells convert the sunlight into electricity, which can be used to run household appliances and lighting. In addition to traditional roof-mounted systems, we can provide innovative ground-mounted alternatives.
Oakes Energy can design and install PV systems that will provide 4 main benefits:
- Cut your electricity bills: sunlight is free, so once you’ve paid for the initial installation your electricity costs will be reduced
- Get paid for the electricity you generate: the government’s Feed-In Tariffs pay you for the electricity you generate, even if you use it
- Sell electricity back to the grid: if your system is producing more electricity than you need, or when you can’t use it, you can sell the surplus back to the grid
- Cut your carbon footprint: solar electricity is green, renewables energy and doesn’t release any harmful carbon dioxide] or other pollutants. A typical home solar PV system could save over a tonne of carbon dioxide per year – that’s more than 30 tonnes over its lifetime
A 3.5kWp system from Oakes Energy can generate around 3,000 kilowatt hours of electricity a year – about three quarters of a typical household’s electricity needs. It will save over a tonne of carbon dioxide every year.
If your system is eligible for the Feed-In Tariff scheme (FITS) it could generate savings and income of around £645 a year (based on a 3.5kWp solar PV system eligible for a generation tariff of 15.44p/kWh). You will get paid for both the electricity you generate and use, and what you don’t use and export to the grid. When applying for FITs you will need to show evidence of your property’s Energy Performance Certificate and this will affect what tariff you can get.
Oakes Energy will help you determine system size and provide a tailored estimate for your system.
- Design and Specification
- Supply and Installation
- Maintenance and Servicing
- Feed-In Tariff scheme (FITS)
To discuss your requirements with one of our team, please contact us
Click here for more details about these bodies.